Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Discoveries better left hidden

Tonight when I returned from the bar, I thought some meatballs would be the perfect ending to my day. Needless to say, I was not quite nimble in handling my meatballs. I had prepared about five dozen small meatballs last week. They were properly individually quick frozen and held in my freezer for convenient enjoyment. When I discovered that three of the meatballs had frozen together, I banged them on the side of a cast-iron skillet to free them. To make them individual again. This action caused them to leap from the pan and into the dark, dark recesses behind my gas stove.

Naturally, not wanting meatballs to rot and attract vermin to my newly fumigated home, I set about the taxing chore of retrieving them. The stove pulled away from the nook that it lives in very easily. What was discovered behind was interesting, to say the very least.

A quick visual scan revealed the findings. A contact lens case (not mine), a pen from Marriott (with cap attached), a brand new Estee Lauder lipstick (Pink Parfait, never used!), the lid to a disposable type food storage container (also not mine) and a completely dessicated mouse (nothing but fur, bones and a tail). The latter being my winter visitor who repaid my gracious hospitality with half-chewed cookies and turds in the crumb-tray of my toaster.

The findings were quickly discarded with much haste and disgust. With the possible exception of the lipstick which I have decided to save for Toniesha, lest she like to tint her brown meat curtains a very winsome shade of pink. Again.

1 comment:

  1. I cannot tell you how happy I am that you've found an outlet for your stories. Keep 'em coming! I can never have enough Peaches in my life.

    ReplyDelete