Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Post-Decadence Blues

"I have always thought of sophistication as a rather feeble substitute for decadence."

-Christopher Hampton


As Southern Decadence has come to a close, and my vacation time shrinking by the minute, I am experiencing that post-event let-down that I can only equate with how one feels the day after Christmas. After all the planning, preparation and anticipation, it ends before you've even realized the joy of the day itself and you ask yourself, ala Peggy Lee, "Is that all there is?"


Don't get me wrong. I had a wonderful weekend! I embarked on a lovely romance with a handsome Texan (wink wink), took in a parade with my glamourous houseguest and Angelique, and really got an eye-full of what gives this beloved holiday it's name. It truly is the Greatest Show On Earth for an avid people-watcher/voyeur like myself. Cocktails go down and inhibitions be damned. This city does that to people.There is literally something for everyone to enjoy on this most festive of weekends. For my readers who weren't in attendance for the spectacle, I render a Decadence Diorama:










Miss Rikki Redd looks stunning in her ensemble for the day. Feathery!











The Belle Of Carroll County. Twangy!





Fantasia in Yellow. Booby!






Some cute Maritime Bears. Grrrrrowly!




Fruit Stripe Gum Panties. Chewy!

No comments:

Post a Comment